kelley’s closet

I find lots of Pinterest ideas, pin them, and they never happen. But recently I turned one of my pins into an actual project!

Kelleys room (I’ll save that for another post) is my favorite room in our house.. but his closet door remains closed. Ever since he was born it became automatic storage for baby gifts I didn’t know what to do with, clothes that didn’t fit, and served no functional purpose.

I’ve been talking about adding cube storage for a while. But it wasn’t until recently I became really motivated. Because.. toys. SO. MANY. TOYS. in my living room! I’ve tried containing them to areas of the living room but I decided to try keeping them in his room. In hopes that he’ll want to play with them in his room.. aka, not my living room.

My first step was purchasing these storage cubes and put them together (aka bring them home and plop them down and beg my husband to put them together). I also found a cute laundry “sack” from Home Goods that we used for the toys that wouldn’t fit on the shelves. Easy peasy! And here was my finished project. 


Please don’t judge his lack of clothes. I can’t seem to find a reason to hang any clothes because they all fit in his drawer!


Now, all of his favorite toys are not only in his room for him to enjoy, they’re also on display! He has such a good time rummaging through the cubes + hamper looking for something to play with. And, I cannot stress enough, every toy that is on this shelf is one less toy in my living room!

What project are you tackling these days? Even if it’s just managing to wash dishes, I feel you ;)
xox, katie

Comments

Popular Posts