what’s in my bag: toddler edition

I feel like I'm in this in between point where I don't really need a diaper bag, but my purses aren't cutting it. I've tried using backpacks (meh), cross bodies are too small, etc. So I finally found the perfect 'diaper' bag that's really just a super adorable tote bag that fits everything I need, with lots of pockets and storage. This momkindness bag is actually a 3-in-1 tote bag. The organizing insert comes out, allowing you to throw it into another bag or remove it completely for an empty bag. It also has the cutest little leather clutch that fits perfectly in the front pocket, that can also be removed. I like to throw my phone, keys, and debit card in the clutch so I can run in for a quick trip somewhere and not have to bring the whole tote. It really is the perfect bag for any mom at any stage.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1V7_m8Axxek1Q-7_6xSAKvZPcNN4g-Cwt

It seems like I pack more to go out and about with my toddler than I did when he was an infant. Toddler outings are all about distractions and bribery and basically anything you can throw at them to make them happy. I've been known to have multiple tractors, cars, trucks, firetrucks, and every single Paw Patrol character all in my purse, just for a quick lunch.

I compiled my must-have toddler items that I pack to keep my toddler happy and entertained and make my life easier. None of these are especially ground breaking but I think I’ve mastered the list to be sure not to overpack, but to have everything we need.

1. Snacks / Pouches - I don’t think we’d survive without snacks. Our favorites are Plum Organic bars (they have 25% daily value of iron so thats big for us since Kelley is anemic), raisins, goldfish, and any kind of pouch is a bonus because he getting fruits and veggie on the go! 
2. Hobo Wallet - not necessarily toddler related but it’s my favorite wallet and I’ve owned lots of them. 
3. Water Wow - trust me, these provide lots of entertainment at restaurants, all you need is water, and once it dies you can start over so you can use it over and over. 
4. Hand Sanitizer - we love the Grove Collaborative one because the smell isn’t too strong and it’s made with moisturizing coconut oil. 
5. Extra underwear / diapers / pull ups 
6. Wet Bag - trust me, I never thought I neeeed one ofthese until I had one. It always comes in handy! If Kelley has an accident, spills something, we have to use wipes and there’s no trash nearby to throw them in. I always find a use for it! And it cleans easily. 
7. Toys - self explanatory. I always try to bring something different every time. There’s no shortage of cars and trucks at our house 
8. Wipes 
9. Contigo Water Bottle - the best! It never leaks and Ican throw it in my bag and not worry. Plus there’s an insulated version if you want it to stay cold. 
10. Chapstick
11. Hair bands
12. Sunglasses
13. Keys (duh)



For the extra prepared, or for longer days:

14. Ibuprofen (for both of you)
15. Change of clothes
16. Small Books
17. Chargers (for phone or tablet)
18. Band Aids
19. Bug spray
20. Sunscreen
(stay tuned for my favorite toddler summer essentials for my favorite sunscreen, bug spray, hat, etc!)

What are your absolute must-haves for leaving the house with a toddler? Is there anything unconventional that you bring that makes your life easier? Any mom hacks or products that I need to know about? Let me know below!

xox, katie
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1ZQ2IeXRVaH-WyPcMAp4h6SO2Gt2aA5FV




Comments

Popular Posts